[mythtv-users] Inexpensive, preassembled, VDPAU-friendly frontends

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Nov 30 01:05:17 UTC 2008

Scott D. Davilla <davilla at 4pi.com> says:
> Just an update to testing VDPAU under the atom 330 and a PCI nvidia
> 8400. All I can say is WOW.

I'm a software person, not a hardware person; I can handle installing
drives, RAM, and cards, but beyond that I prefer to buy prebuilt.

For my next frontend, I'd appreciate suggestions on any preassembled,
inexpensive (let's say under $500) and/or compact Atom- or other
low-power CPU-based boxes that are VDPAU-ready. Most Shuttle PCs are
too expensive except the KPCs, which use Intel video. A netbook might
be ideal, except I don't know of any with DVI output, let alone
onboard Nvidia 8-series video.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array