[mythtv-users] Mounting NFS shares on FE for consistent directory structure

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:41:48 UTC 2008

2008/11/27 <glenhawk at optusnet.com.au>

> [snip multi system mnounting issues]
> >

> hmmmm... a good idea but I'm not yet comfortable scripting and I am
> currently using the wake-up feature in MythTV to start the BE. I'm not sure
> how you would get inbetween the wake-up routine and the mounting of the
> drives.
> Thanks for the input, I'll see if I can find anyone on the net that has
> already written a script like the one you are suggesting.

I use the below perl script to pause mythwelcome before the BE is up,
otherwise I get the annoying 'can't connect' messages. I use it like this:

until /home/ian/bin/ismythup.pl;do sleep 1;done

in my BE startup script. (it pauses booting until it's all started.)

You should be able to just change the hostname to get it to talk to a remote
backend.

Hope that's some use.

Cheers,

Ian

<---
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use IO::Socket;

my $host = 'localhost';
my $port = 6543;
my $sock;

while (! ($sock = new IO::Socket::INET(
                   PeerAddr => $host,
                   PeerPort => $port,
                   Proto    => 'tcp') )) {select undef,undef,undef,5;exit 1}

print $sock "20      MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 8\n";
if (<$sock>=~/13      REJECT[]:[]/) {
        exit 0;
}

exit 1;