[mythtv-users] Myth screens seem "off"

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 02:54:18 UTC 2008

OK, so I just got my 46" DLP Samsung HDTV back today (long story), and I
have it connected to my Myth box via an HDMI->DVI cable.  Most of the
screens look OK, but some of them seem to have text chopped off of the
bottom and the top of them.  Also, my main desktop, which is XFCE
installed via Mythbuntu 8.10, appears to have the taskbar along the top
chopped off.  I can access it if I move my mouse up there and click, but
I can't see anything on it.

I have some screen captures here: http://www.ourapplecart.com/video.html
for anyone who cares to look and see what I mean.  I don't know if its
an overscan thing, or if its just something that I have to deal with.  I
have an nVidia GeForce 9400GT card and am using nVidia drivers 177.82.
I tried looking at the nvidia-settings, but nothing that I set in there
seems to make a difference.  Also, I tried adjusting the GUI offsets on
the frontend using the "Screen Setup Wizard" option, but that didn't
make any difference either.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Harry