[mythtv-users] Firewire issues w/ 0.21 in Mythbuntu 8.10

William william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 01:02:57 UTC 2008

Harry Devine wrote:
> William wrote:
>
>> Harry Devine wrote:
>>

>>> How do I tell what version of my firewire modules?  I assume that they
>>> were installed via the 8.10 install CD and kernel.  That Wiki link says
>>> that you should use version 1.2.1 since 1.3.0 is broken.  I just don't
>>> know how to determine what I have.  Then I'll have to look at how to
>>> downgrade them, but I don't think that would be that difficult.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Harry
>>>

>> One way is to use synaptic package manager and see what version is
>> associated with the lib.

> Thanks for the tip.  Here are my versions:
>
> libraw1394: 1.3.0-4
> libavc1394: 0.5.3-1build1
> libiec6:        2:1-0.4-1
>

> I'm assuming that the libraw1394 version could be causing my issue, so
> how do I downgrade this to 1.2.1 or less (according to that Wiki article)?

Again using synaptic, use the force menu option to force the install of
the older version. Its been a while since I did this but I think you
highlight the package and then from one of the drop down menus select
force version which should give you the option of selecting any other
versions offered by your package provider from a list of versions.