[mythtv-users] Mixing MythDora and MythBuntu

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 16:15:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a multi-system MythTV setup at home as follows:

* Combined FE/Master BE in the living room
* Bedroom FE
* Slave BE, MySQL Server, audio/video/recording storage in the loft

The two FEs are installed off MythDora 5, the slave backend is Fedora 7
and ATRPMs

I'm quite interested to try out http://www.boxee.tv/ with a view to
replacing MythVideo, MythMusic and MythGallery, but there are a raft of
known issues with getting this to run on Fedora without throwing
yourself into dependency hell (and my skills aren't up to contributing
the necessary changes to accomodate). There are, however, binary
releases for Ubuntu 8/9. My question is, how "compatible" are MythDora
and MythBuntu? My main concern is the BE protocol version; is this
consistent across the 0.21-fixes branch?

Thanks,

Ben