[mythtv-users] Best distro for PS3

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:38:23 UTC 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Ben Edwards wrote:

> What would people say is the best distro for running a MythTV fronted
> on a PS3.  I am inclined to go for xubuntu but wondered what people
> thought.  Will I have to install MythTV or are there PS3 packages?

Just got a 60gig ps3 myself, and would be interested to know how
people are going about setting up myth on their ps3s.

For reference, if you already have a backend setup, the upnp client on
the ps3 detects all your media... but not nearly as slick and
interface as myth, and doesn't play back anything I've transcoded.

~Jon