[mythtv-users] Front-end only locks first channel, first time

Vidar Brekke vidar at socialintent.com
Tue Nov 25 14:23:57 UTC 2008

I'm new to Myth-TV and Linux but have been able to get a working
installation on Ubuntu Intrepid (AMD64). So far, so good.

I'm on Comcast cable in NJ (digital HD) and it seems that the Back end was
able to find some channels (if not all..) but what worries me more is that
when I load up the front end it only gets a lock first channel that it loads
up with, whatever channel I determine that to be. When I try to switch
channels, it cannot get a lock, when I try to go back to the initial channel
that had a lock, it won't lock again either...

I really don't know how to fix this. I'm using a Hauppauge HVR-1600 card
(supported by the default kernel).

Anybody experience anything similar?

Kind regards, Vidar