[mythtv-users] Menu Entry to Launch Internal palyer with ISO?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Nov 25 13:57:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:52:58 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote
> I have a few DVD's ripped to ISO that I'd like to play with the Internal
> player from a custom theme menu entry - is that possible?

add something like the following to your mythfrontend menu of choice:

        <button>
                <type>VIDEO</type>
                <text>some descriptive text here</text>
                <action>EXEC mplayer file.iso</action>
        </button>

all the xml files get overwritten during an install/update though
so save copies.

(locations of files are /..?../share/mythtv/*.xml)

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org