[mythtv-users] frontend has gone dark

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 24 18:22:55 UTC 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Wookey wrote:

> Sorry to bother you, people, but I've broekn my frontend and don;t
> really know how to fix it.
>
> The short version: The frontend is almost entirely dark blue on dark
> blue. I can just see the bevels on dialogs and the square where the TV
> picture should be. No text, no graphics, but audio works in TV
> playback (no pics). The interface appears to be operating normally
> except for one extra dialog saying who-knows-what after the 'scaling
> images' thing.

The problem is likely with your video driver, not mythtv. Until you
get OpenGL working on your card, you can turn off OpenGL by launching
mythfrontend with mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

Using that from a terminal will also let you see what error messages
(in any) are happening.

So.. mess with your video card driver (install the correct kernel
module or downgrade if the new one you're using is broken) and you'll
find MythTV is happy with OpenGL again.

-Brad