[mythtv-users] Refresh rate too low for bob?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 24 05:34:21 UTC 2008

On 11/23/2008 10:36 PM, John H wrote:
> I'm running F8 with the latest build from the Atrpms repo. I have a
> Geforce 5300 video card. I'm capturing HD OTA in the US and I'm using
> Xvmc. In the past, I've used the one field de-inter  which works well
> for all channels but CBS since when people move I get the rock in the
> puddle effect so I changed to Bob which fixes the problem. The problem
> I'm having is when I go straight to Fox I get a seg fault and the
> refresh rate too low for bob error. If I go to another HD channel
> first then to Fox it works without a problem. I guess I'm having a
> hard time figuring exactly what the problem is. Can someone point me
> in the right direction?

Old versions of 0.21-fixes (and 0.21 release) had a bug where Myth would
use the wrong video params for LiveTV (i.e. those of the dummy video
stream) which caused issues with the deinterlacer and refresh
detection.  What version are you running (output of mythfrontend
--version or mythbackend --version)?

Mike