[mythtv-users] Refresh rate too low for bob?

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 03:36:30 UTC 2008

I'm running F8 with the latest build from the Atrpms repo. I have a
Geforce 5300 video card. I'm capturing HD OTA in the US and I'm using
Xvmc. In the past, I've used the one field de-inter  which works well
for all channels but CBS since when people move I get the rock in the
puddle effect so I changed to Bob which fixes the problem. The problem
I'm having is when I go straight to Fox I get a seg fault and the
refresh rate too low for bob error. If I go to another HD channel
first then to Fox it works without a problem. I guess I'm having a
hard time figuring exactly what the problem is. Can someone point me
in the right direction?