[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.10 audio issues

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 19:10:30 UTC 2008

I migrated my home setup from old Knoppmyth to mythbuntu. Everything works
fine except audio in the frontend where I have two issues:

1. Audio starts muted in the frontend box. I need to reach out for the
keyboard, open xterm and unmute it with alsamixer everytime I boot the box
2. Audio is way too low compared to my old Knoppmyth frontend in same
hardware. I use analog audio to my HDTV and audio levels used to be just
fine.

Any suggestions on how to solve these two issues?