[mythtv-users] Subtitles in Live TV or in Recorded programs?

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sun Nov 23 17:20:48 UTC 2008

Sunday, November 23, 2008, 4:27:23 PM, you wrote:

> Andrew Junev wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> How to switch subtitles on/off (and how to choose subtitles' language,
>> if available)? I'm using my MythTV with two DVB-S tuners.
>>
>> Looking through the docs, I didn't find the answer...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> You can do that from the OSD. Just press M to show the menu then chose
> 'Select Subtitle' which shows a sub menu allowing you to chose the
> language and turn them on/off.

Does that menu option appear only if subtitles are available for the
channel that is currently active?
This was actually the first thing I tried - going to the Menu and
looking for Subtitles section. I didn't find it, but maybe I was tuned
to a channel that didn't have subtitles available...

Thanks for that information, I'll try it again!

--
Best regards,
 Andrew