[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Nov 23 11:05:57 UTC 2008

Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> Alex Butcher wrote:

>>> It's a fork of the 2D-only nv driver, including reverse-engineered 3D
>>> acceleration and Xv. <http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/>
>> Neither nv or nouveau work. They wont even produce a correct
>> image, let alone correctly handle Xv.
>
> When programmed for PAL/NTSC dotclocks, you mean?

Yeah. They give a steady image, but nv has the whole
desktop shifted by almost half a screen, with the part
shifted off coming back on from the other side, and
nouveau doesn't interleave the interlaces, displaying
them one above the other.

In neither case was I able to get accelerated playback.
I'd just get a few frames a second.

I also discovered that my headless backend has a Radeon
X1250. I couldn't get that to work either. With the
radeonhd driver, I couldn't get accelarated playback. With
the propriety drivers, MythTV displays as loads of little
random blocks (a known problem apparently).

I've just ordered an anchient Radeon 7000 off ebay. I think
this is my solution, It's a low profile PCI card. As my
Radeon 9000 works perfectly with the radeon driver, I'm expecting
the 7000 to work too. It looks almost small enough to plug into
my current tiny fanless frontend, but probably not quite.

Cheers,
	Paul.