[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Nov 22 11:16:19 UTC 2008

Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> Alex Butcher wrote:
>>> The Nouveau driver might be worth a look in due course; I last tried it in
>>> March 2008 without much luck on my GF4 MX440, because the version shipped
>>> with my distro wasn't new enough to include Xv support.
>> What's the Nouveau driver? Is that connected with SuSE?
>
> It's a fork of the 2D-only nv driver, including reverse-engineered 3D
> acceleration and Xv. <http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/>

Neither nv or nouveau work. They wont even produce a correct
image, let alone correctly handle Xv.

After the success with the Radeon 9000, I've been trying to find
out if the integrated Radeon Xpress 1250 can handle interlace.
I've been asking around various lists seeing if I can find out
without wasting money on a motherboard. This morning I discover
that my backend (which is a headless server I've had for years)
has an integrated X1250 - had no idea. :-) So I have another
option to try out today.

Cheers,
	Paul.