[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Nov 21 18:19:39 UTC 2008

>>What I would do is either use mode2 or I'd use
>>irrecord. Make a backup of your lircd.conf just in case then I'd
>>
>>#irrecord -d /dev/lircd /etc/lirc/test.conf
>>
>>You can use irrecord to test that your receiver is receiving signal.

OK, that was exactly it. I used irrecord to record the buttons and that
fixed it. What I don't understand though is how my backup mythtv partition
(which does not get mounted when I run my main mythtv partition) also had
this issue. The last time I was in the backup partition was about 3 weeks
ago, and my remote just stopped working about a week ago. That's the part I
am puzzled about.

Oh well, at least I've got a working remote again.
Thanks for all the help.

-Steve