[mythtv-users] sms/email interface

Fri Nov 21 14:13:29 UTC 2008

Replying to two mail.....

I was thinking something like that, where are the interfaces?  They both
could use the same engine to parse them (I think).

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, MailingListJ wrote:
>

>> does anybody have any ideas for an sms interface for mythtv.  Or an
>> email interface, any interface which doesn't involve web traffic..... or
>> at least a way that i can get involved and write one to contribute?
>>

> I was just thinking about that. I've written some AIM bots in the past, and
> was thinking about an AIM and/or Jabber (Google talk etc) bot that would let
> me talk to my Myth machine. I had gotten as far as looking at the telnet
> interface, but hadn't actually come up with what I wanted to do with it.
>
> I suppose one might want to ask for status info (like the Status screen of
> Mythweb), and possibly receive asynchronous notifications, such as IMs when
> recordings or jobs start/stop.

hah, kind of.... I was thinking start with a few basic commands and then eventually make a full blown interface and integrate it into the current distribution as a plugin or something..... what is the command line interface? where can I find information about it.....