[mythtv-users] Channel scan does not work

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Nov 21 11:15:29 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I was using MythTV with two DVB-S tuners for quite some time now.
Today I tried to scan for new channels and ... it didn't work. I ran
mythtvsetup, went to Channel Editor, selected Transponder Scan
(tuned), put the data of a transponder and then clicked Next - the
mythtvsetup window just closed. In the terminal output I see the
following error:

Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
mythtvsetup: xcb_lock.c:77: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int) ((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' failed.
Aborted

I tried it with different transponders, different tuners - all the
time it was the same. Here's some info about my system:

# uname -a
Linux mythbackend 2.6.26.6-49.fc8 #1 SMP Fri Oct 17 15:59:36 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
# mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18753M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

I seem to have the latest mythtv version availble in the repositories.
Any ideas on what the problem might be?

--
Best regards,
 Andrew