[mythtv-users] HVR-3000 analog inputs and CPU usage

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:55:43 UTC 2008

Hi,
    This is more a sort of "looking for confirmation" message that any other
thing, but here it goes: I'm currently testing an HVR-3000 card for use with
MythTV, and I've been observing that when using any of the analog inputs
(TV, S-Video and Composite) the CPU usage of mythbackend goes fairly high,
about 40%.

Does this means that mythbackend is performing MPEG2 encoding of the video
on-the-fly? I don't know if the card has some sort of hardware MPEG2 encoder
on board that could be used for this purpose. If  so, how should I configure
the card in MythTV (currently is set as an V4L).

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet