[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-1800 PVR-500 Audio conflict after update

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 02:18:32 UTC 2008

I found out more about a problem from a different thread so I'm posting with a more acuarate subject.  My problem is the following: I'm running FC9 and recently updated the kernel to 2.6.27.5-37.fc9.x86_64 and mythtv to version 0.21.20080304-1. Before the update everything myth related was working fine. Now, I can still get sound and video from my digital tuner on my Hauppauge HVR-1800, but now I'm not getting any sound from my Hauppauge PVR-500. Just to test things out, I shut down, and removed my HVR-1800.  When I booted back up I could get sound from the PVR-500. So, my relatively uneducated guess is that maybe somebody trying to add support for the cx23885 on the HVR-1800 did something that conflicts with ivtv... Also, my sound is going out through spdif.

Any ideas what could be conflicting.  I'm hoping it is just something for the analog part of the HVR and I could somehow disable it as I don't really need a third analog tuner.

Thanks in Advance,

     -Scott