[mythtv-users] mythtv on the go?

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:37:15 UTC 2008

We have a blueprint for some on the go functionality to be added to
Mythbuntu, it is slated to be worked on for 9.04.  I have an EEE as
well so odds are functionality for it will be added ;)

For now I'd recommend a combination of the following:
1. Buy an external Hard Drive
2. Transcode/export the recordings into a smaller format

Throw your recordings onto the hard drive and use
mplayer/vlc/something to play them on your EEE.

If you are on ubuntu/mythbuntu you can use mythexport to reduce your
file sizes and have them ready to go:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythExport

If not then you can set up your own user job to export/move/rename/etc
the files.