[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Thu Nov 20 19:59:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 14:00 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Now I gotta go look for a cheap 8300 or 8500 serires nvidia
>> card?. Are the fans on those things controllable? Quiet?
>
> UK - http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?prodID=1486704
>
> US - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121240
>
> cheap and fan-less
>
> Nico

Has anyone been able to test on a P4 based system with a good old
fashion PCI card?  My quick search of Newegg didn't find any AGP 8xxx
or newer cards, but I did find PCI cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000380048%201305520548%201069609642%20106791921&name=GeForce%208%20series

Here's hoping that my MythTV system built from old parts may be able to do HD.
-Mark