[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:45:37 UTC 2008

Steve, the way irw works is once you start irw it'll bump your cursor
down to the next line. It's then waiting for key presses then it pulls
the information from the lircd.conf file and then it displays the
remote name and the corresponding hex value for the button. It sounds
like it's working but I suspect that something could be wrong in your
lircd.conf file. What I would do is either use mode2 or I'd use
irrecord. Make a backup of your lircd.conf just in case then I'd

#irrecord -d /dev/lircd /etc/lirc/test.conf

You can use irrecord to test that your receiver is receiving signal.