[mythtv-users] Play Audio CD on BlueRay R DVD/CDrom RW combo drive

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 20 08:49:33 UTC 2008

Hallo,

Ik have recently replaced my DVD writer with a BlueRay combo drive attached
through SATA. The drive is recognized als /dev/cdrom1 instead of /dev/cdrom,
but that an issue I think I can someday fix.

At the moment, regardless of what device I enter in the CDrom device
settings option in configuration->media->music, the CD option in the music
playlist always shows as empty. This of course with a audio CD put into the
player. Playing the AudioCD in VLC works, although not fluently. The driver
makes lots of spinning noises and never runs in a quiet mode. What do I need
to do in order to get audioCd playback working in Mythtv again?

I'm using MythBuntu 8.0.4.1

Hans