[mythtv-users] mythtv on the go?

Troy blindDrop at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 20 05:55:52 UTC 2008

Not sure if this has been discussed previously - not sure what I would
look for in the list archive to discover any such discussion but if you
know of one please point me to it...

I have recently installed mythfrontend on a Linux EEE PC with the
thought of archiving/copying previously recorded programs in their
raw/native mythtv format from my backend server to portable storage that
I could use while on the road.  For some reason I thought mytharchive
would do the trick but it seems not - one can only create a native
archive that would have to then be imported before it could be played...
correct?

So, without installing a backend on the EEE, is the only way to watch
recorded shows on the road to convert to a format that is playable in
something like mplayer?  Seems like such a waste of time if so.

Your feedback is appreciated,

Troy.