[mythtv-users] USA recommendations for Digital Over the Air Capture Card

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:06:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can possibly avoid antenna woes if your willing to pay comcast for
> their basic service (I believe it is ~$10/mo) or are maintaining a
> possible existing cable modem service through them I beleive you would
> still have access to the analog tv signals on the line.. They have all
> the OTA channels on their cable line unencrypted and tuneable with any
> ATSC tuner card. I current have Comcast and use three ATSC cards (Two
> A180's and a HD3000) to record these channels.
>
> I say possibly, because if your signal from Comcast isn't as good as
> your antenna signal then it wouldn't save any woes.

$10 for basic but ~$50 for extended basic (or whatever they call it.).

hmmm... I wonder if I could just reduce my payment to $10/mo for basic
and still get the extended shows. Ok, this is just theoretical, I'm
not here to rip them off. But, I would think that since I don't have
an STB, they are not going to go to the trouble of singling out my one
physical cable and encrypting the other channels so I get exactly the
basic service..

--
Brad Fuller