[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Nov 19 18:03:55 UTC 2008

Hello.

I have the mceusb2 remote that comes with 2 ir blasters. Yesterday, all of a
sudden, lirc does not see remote keypresses. I have tried multiple remotes,
and installed new batteries, and none of them register with lirc (via
running irw to see presses). The little ir receiver indicates that it is
receiving signals because the red led lights up when keys are pressed. Also,
the two ir blasters on it are still working.

Any ideas as to what could have happened? I reverted my system to a known
backup from about 3 weeks ago, and the remote didn't work with that either,
so I don't think it's a software issue, but you never know.

I'm running mythbuntu 8.10 (and 8.04 on my known good working backup).

Thanks for any advice or help you can provide.

-Steve