[mythtv-users] FYI - New HW video accellAPI from NVIDIA

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:10:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM,  <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, but with HDMI Video and Sound I get one cable into my Plasma and I can
> then pipe the sound out from the plasma to my Surround Amp via S/PDIF

I wish my TV would do that, but it won't :(  The ONLY audio it will
pass through the TV is Analog in to analog out.  Any digital in via
spdif or hdmi won't go out the spdif out.  The digital out is ONLY for
stuff the TV decodes from cable or antenna.  What a pain, I just
assumed it would when I bought the tv, but didn't have the systems to
test it out until after the return period.  Its a Sony XBR2 none the
less.