[mythtv-users] youtube Integration

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:00:07 UTC 2008

2008/11/19 barbex <barbex at gmail.com>:

>> You might want to take a look at:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythTube
>>
>> It currently only exists for Myth Trunk at the moment so you would
>> have to wait until at least 0.22 to see it in a stable release.
>>

> So my count is now mthnews, mythstream and mythtube.
>
> I still run 0.21 so I can't test it yet but thanks for the info.
>
> How is everybody else doing this? I can't be the only one who gets
> bugged by family members all the time that they want to watch the
> silly videos on the big screen!

I have an inelegant solution, in that you can access videos that have
been marked as favorites and marked as playlists, by an RSS feed
provided through http://referd.info/.  Then in mythStream, subscribe
to the RSS feed.

This doesn't represent full integration, but it has meant that when I
mark a video as a favorite - I can then watch it on the TV in all of
it's blurry glory.

Of course, now that YouTube has a Monty Python channel, I need to
figure out how to get channels to work...

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine