[mythtv-users] Unable to get past Main Menu of Frontend

daryl sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Wed Nov 19 05:47:34 UTC 2008

In the backend config, under "general" settings, it asks for a password.
It states that "0000" is the setting to use to allow acess by all users.
No problem.

But, under "video sources" settings it asks for username and password.
I'm sure that the username should be the same as is found in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt.

My question is, should the "video sources" password be "0000" as in the
general settings or should it be the same as listed in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt?

Second question...
Under "general" settings I have my I.P address as 127.0.0.1. This was
recommended by someone in another forum.
In /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt it has DBHostname listed as
"localhost". Should I leave that or change it to "127.0.0.1"?