[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Nov 19 00:08:03 UTC 2008

Glen Dragon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net
> <mailto:lists at glidos.net>> wrote:
>

>     I've tried VGA to Scart with an FX5200 now, with Minimyth, which
>     currently uses the 169.12 drivers. I get exactly the same problem.
>

>     This is so frustrating. So what do we do? Does anyone know if this
>     ever got fixed in any driver version, and which cards/chips we are
>     restricted to? Or is it just best to avoid nVidia, and stick to ATI
>     or Intel?
>

> I had a FX5200, and also had tearing on 1080i recordings.  I switched it
> to an 8800 GT (I don't recall why I put that card in there) and now I
> have no issues.
> My recommendation would be to get a new video card (nvidia) and not
> worry about it.

I'd happily buy a new card if I could get just one definite
recommendation for supporting xvmc, handling interlace correctly,
and permitting dotclock speeds down to 13.5MHz (well I need low
profile also I guess, otherwise I could stick with the Radeon
9000 that I already have working). From what others
are saying, your 8800 probably isn't handling interlacing correctly.
It would be less noticable with 1080i than with 576i. I'd
prefer a mATX board with built in graphics, probably 7050PV, but
again I can find no confirmation that it will work.

Still I appreciate all the advice given.

Cheers,
	Paul.