[mythtv-users] turning things over - migrate to new master backend

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 18 19:06:46 UTC 2008

Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
> Thanks so far, I will give feedback on my efforts.

Wow, I am simply amazed!
That was really much easier than expected.

The swap of Master/Slave-Backend is through, mysql-db is moved, works so
far, records etc.

I went through your steps, nearly all of them went through without a
problem, I just have some small hickup with renaming the host.

Step 3) said something about duplicate entries in tables storagegroup
and keybindings ... unfortunately I haven't copied the exact msg

:(

Thinking twice I maybe could have skipped that rename-step ...

Currently something with the storagegroups has been damaged, right now
myth doesn't find the files stored on the new MBE.

I removed and re-added the storagedirs on both backends, even checked
that the entries in the table storagegroup got updated:

mysql> select * from storagegroup;
+----+-----------+----------+-------------+
| id | groupname | hostname | dirname     |
+----+-----------+----------+-------------+
| 23 | Default   | medion   | /mnt/media/ |
| 22 | Default   | dell     | /mnt/media/ |
+----+-----------+----------+-------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

("dell" is the new mbe, "medion" the former mbe and new sbe)

Maybe I would simply have to readjust that id ??
Any way to find that out?

It doesn't hurt *much* as I will move on soon and physically move the
500 GB SATA from medion to dell anyway, so that all content will be
local on dell.

Thanks so far anyway, the biggest step is done now!

In 10 minutes the next recording starts, so I will see if it is OK so
far ;-)

Stefan