[mythtv-users] 2 tuners problem.

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Tue Nov 18 07:37:25 UTC 2008

Panachoi wrote:

>     Hey group.
>
>     I have a problem that I'm not quite sure of here with 2 tuners.
>
>     In my BE i have 2 Hauppauge HVR-4000 quad tuners.
>     On my satelite I have 2 DUAL LNB - connected to a switch in pairs.
>     SAT1 on port A  - SAT2 on port B. So connected to the tunercards are 2
>     exactly like connections.
>
>     On the card the setup goes like this.
>     DVB:0 - connected to switch - with 2lnb's
>     DVB:1 - connected to switch - with 2lnb's.
>
>     I've made a videolist on each LNB called lnb1 & lnb2. and the list are
>     connected to the same lnb on each input.
>     The names are AA & AB || BA & BB - so AA & BA have listA and BA & BB
>     have listB
>     So in my mind - I should be able to see 2 different channels - or
>     record
>     on one and see another.
>
>     But when watching from 2 different TV's, one of the persons are
>     locking
>     the different channels. So it's only possible to either watch the same
>     or chose between the other input. And here's where it's goes wrong.
>     changing the input's arent working - it seems like the two tuners are
>     the same.
>     Shortly:
>     When TV1 are wacthing program4 and AA(using inputA). I cannot
>     change to
>     inputB and watch program5.
>     Seems like it thinks the two tuners are the same.
>     So should I make a videolist for EACH LNB ( so I got 4 different
>     videolist instead of my 2 now)
>     Or how is it possible that it make this little trick ????  Or is
>     it just
>     the way my setup is ??
>     I just want to option of watching the 2 satelites (full list of
>     channels) on each TV ? or record on thing and having full access
>     to all
>     channels still ?
>     What can be the problem.
>

> I'm going to assume that both cards are connected via DiSeqC switches
> to the LNBs. I have a similar setup, except I have a monoblock (not
> recommended!) which is essentially the 2 LNB's and the DiSeqC
> switching built into a single unit.
>
> If you mean Video Source by "Video list", I think this might be your
> problem. Your video list should contain a single entry for each source
> (i.e. satellite).
Yup - that was what i meant - but only have the danish language on.
For each satelite - I have a sourcelist for each satelite.
And the choice for input DVB:0 porta is the same for DVB:1 port A and
the same for port  B

> Then, under the input connections, each card would be attached to
> *BOTH* video inputs, so that both cards can receive each video source.
>
> The way to set this up is under the 'DiSeqC' button in the capture
> card setup. You have to let it know that you have a switch connected
> to 2 LNBs
That's also exactly how I have done it - but having the problem about
beeing able to se 2 totally different channels at the same time.
When the one tuner is in use - the other input cannot see something from
the same satelite.
I testet and checked the names several times - and cannot figure out
what's wrong!