[mythtv-users] ATSC antenna recomendations

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Nov 18 06:39:35 UTC 2008

Eric Mesa wrote:
> As a followup to my tuner recommendation email, I'm also curious about
> antennas.  I live in an apartment complex so outdoor ones are out of the
> question.  I think with an RCA antenna I was able to get the basics,
> although not as many as Titan TV predicted.
>
> The following has good ratings on newegg and a pretty cheap price
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882145020
>
> --
> Eric Mesa
> http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com

Hasn't this been talked about on the list several times?

Look, if all the stations *after* the switch over end up in the UHF
band, then you can use a short antenna.  If not, you will need a longer
one.  Note, some HD stations will change frequency after the switch
over.  So what works now may not then.

I'm 30 to 40 miles from the transmitters and can usually get all but one
VHF HDTV station with a stick of metal about a meter long.  That station
is due to change to a higher frequency after February.

Note, channel numbers no longer relate to frequency for HDTV.