[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Nov 17 21:20:24 UTC 2008

> that it is only supported on the DVB cards, which aren't what we use
> here in the US. I'm not aware of any multi-rec enabled tuners that
> function with either US digital broadcasts or US cable broadcast.

 Just another datapoint.

 My DVB card (handles QAM, ATSC and NTSC) which I use for
recording unencrypted digital cable works fine with multirec.

 Of course if you have little to no unencrypted stuff locally
ilike most US location it's usefulness can be limited. Only
way to find out would be to try it though.