[mythtv-users] more on recommendations for a tuner card

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 17 21:04:41 UTC 2008

Is your network switched? If so, other traffic won't cause any problems
unless it's to/from the box trying to receive from the HDHR. Even then, it
should be fine. I'm using gigabit and the backend doing the recording can
receive 2 streams from the HDHR, and send the data to another server to
handle commflagging without any issues. Oh, the HDHR is also my IR receiver.
:)

I used to have a couple gripes about the box, related to IR, but recent
firmware updates have fixed them. The updates also seem to have made the
tuner a little better.