[mythtv-users] Time to take the next step...

VCRAddict MythTV_01 at appropriate-tech.net
Mon Nov 17 09:15:09 UTC 2008

At 09:15 PM 11/16/08 -0500, Kevin Robbins wrote:

    [snip]

 > terminal, just after I scheduled a couple programs on my mythbox.

Ah, ha.  That explains a lot.

Still, if it's feasible, you might want to see what sort of quoting
features are available in whatever mail client you run on that thing.  Even
the message I'm responding to here is "oddly" formatted, to say the least
(your *new* text is all in un-wrapped "one long line" paragraphs, with
multiple quote-markers at the start of each 'graph only.

 > > Actually, I rather suspect it will be "only" a CD-ROM drive.  As you
note,
 > > it will only be needed for the initial software load -- and CD is more
 > > than adequate for that.

 > is something thats a MUST keep. Yes the frontend will burn as well,
 > but what if the wife is watching a movie and you want a copy of
 > "Program A" to take to work in AM.

Well, my "workplace" is approximately 50 feet from my bedroom, and maybe 20
feet from the main TV (to which the existing FE/BE Myth box is lashed).
The new backend will be stashed away in the basement, which is a far less
convenient location for those sorts of chores.  In fact, I expect to run it
"headless", or at least nearly so (it will be on a shelf with a couple of
my other servers and a KVM switch; but the old 14-inch monitor I have down
there is barely adequate for text-mode terminal displays, let alone a
high-def GUI).

 > unencrypted High Def broadcasts only. Basically the major networks. My
 > apologies if your not in the US, it may be different elsewhere.

I'm aware of that; and that is exactly what I am interested in.  As you may
surmise from one of my other recent posts, I have no love for (or interest
in patronizing) the local cable monopolist (Comcrap).  And yes, I'm in the
U.S.A..