[mythtv-users] Samples in mythtv

Alexandru Pop masterpop at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:26:14 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I recently installed Mythtv as a front end for my linux box as a way to
predominantly play movies on the TV. It works great, and does everything
that I want, but i'd like to know about an enhancement:

A lot of movies these days come with a "sample", essentially a
"trailer". Is there a way to have the option to play this trailer?
Here's how I think it should work:

Media Library --> Watch Videos --> *select your movie folder*

Once you select the movie, you get the screen with information- poster,
director, brief description, runtime, etc. At this point you press
"Enter" (on keyboard) and the film starts.

It is on this screen that I think a shortcut of some sort, to "Watch
Trailer" would be nice.

Does this feature exist? If yes, how could I implement it.

Any thoughts, suggestions welcome.

Thank you,
Masterpop