[mythtv-users] Monolith Pre-made MythTV Box?

VCRAddict MythTV_01 at appropriate-tech.net
Sun Nov 16 17:23:13 UTC 2008

At 03:47 AM 11/16/08 -0800, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

    [snip]

 > I was looking around the web for pre-made MythTV box, and came across
 > the Monolith Media Center...
 >
 > https://monolithmc.com/~monolith/index.php
 >
 > Does anyone have any experience with this company?  Anyone bought one
 > of these?

I've no experience or prior knowledge of that particular outfit.  But my
first reaction is that the product is obscenely overpriced, vis-a-vis what
you could build an equivalent system for yourself, if you're of a mind to
do that.

Now, presuming that you're NOT of a mind to do that, then most of what
you'd be paying for is ongoing support & "hand-holding"...  And I did not
see anything I consider worth that difference in my quick perusal of their
web site (an online BBS-based "support ticket" system doesn't really count,
at least in the absence of any evidece regarding how quickly and
effectively they respond -- I'm talking about something along the lines of
24/7 toll-free 'phone support).