[mythtv-users] mythtv for the non-techies

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Nov 16 15:48:59 UTC 2008

My parents, who are computer literate but technically ignorant, have had
it with the broken commercial players out there.  They asked me how I
deal with it and I said, Myth.

Now they want to know if they can have myth...

We're 3,000 miles apart, so no weekend visits to fix things.  I'm a bit
leery of setting up a myth system that far away.

Is anyone doing anything like this?

This would be a combined FE/BE, plugged into a TV on one end and
probably a STB cable box on the other.  I think they have comcast.

Should I even attempt this?  Or should I run?  Suggestions?

--Yan