[mythtv-users] Static IP in Mythbuntu

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:00:14 UTC 2008

> I have a Linksys cable/dsl route with a WAP built in.  I looked at that
> earlier and it doesn't have an option to do that.  So your saying I
> should delete the "Auto eth0" profile and create a new wired profile?

Sorry, when I first read your message I thought you were setting up a static
connection by editing /etc/network/interfaces file. I didn't know that
network manager called your profile "Auto eth0". If you are switching things
to manual rather than DHCP in network manager, then I don't know why it is
getting reset.