[mythtv-users] hdcp and SA 4250

Al McIntosh al at allanmcintosh.com
Sat Nov 15 22:05:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Al McIntosh <al at allanmcintosh.com> wrote:

> What I am seeing leads me to believe they've implemented stricter HDCP
> policies on the Scientific American 4250.
>
> I have HDMI from the STB to TV.
> I have SVIDEO from the STB to my PC.
>
> If I am simply watching straight TV (HDMI), not through myth, everything is
> fine.  If continue watching straight TV and simultaneously record from
> SVIDEO this is fine.
>

> However, if the TV is turned off or tuned to another input other than the
> HDMI channel  the STB pops up a warning.
> "HDCP warning: HDMI disabled".
>
> Basically, in order to record from SVIDEO the TV must be on, and tuned to
> the HDMI input that STB is attached to.

If the HDMI cable is plugged into the STB while I try to record from SVIDEO
I get the following message on the TV:

"Your HD TV does not support HDCP please use YPrPb. "

I just spent some time iterating through configurations, basically, if an
HDMI cable is plugged into the HD STB,  SVIDEO and component are disabled.