[mythtv-users] mythtv detects wrong maximum screen resulotion?!?!?!

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Sat Nov 15 14:24:02 UTC 2008

Hi!

Just contributing...

It's done, after more googling and readings over mythtv.org>wiki I found
the articles:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Proprietary_Driver#Garbled_Screens_with_OpenGL_Painter

But more precisely I did the following:

on  /etc/mythtv/session-settings I did put:
MYTHFRONTEND_OPTS="--geometry 1920x1081"

and removed from the mythvideo command for mplayer to play files the
default argument "-vo xv".

Also have to choose a television playback profile that have Standard
(ffmpeg) & xlib.

So, I'm a happy user with mythbuntu 8.10 in a ASUS P5Q Pro + Asus
EAH3600 + MyCinema P7131.

Currently only do not have sound at coaxial, but is a issue related to
the age of the board and distribution.
Driver for graphics is the nearest to manufacturer, the other drivers
doesn't give me a to much fluid TV image.

With the 8.04 untus I did compile mboard's possible driver packs and
installed graphics with no problem, but since 8.10 buntus give more or
less support for this hardware on inst... 8.10 it stands.

Thanks!
Tomás

José Tomás @ Chico wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using mythbuntu 8.10.
>
> After do apt-get for the drivers for my ATI 3600 (needed to be able to
> see fluid TV without stops) I get the following situation:
> When I start mythtv-setup from mythbuntu control center I get the
> mythtv wih correct screen like in img2.jpg.
> When mythtv-setup or mythfrontend starts from command line or session
> startup the screen is jammed like in the img1.jpg
>
> This doesn't happen if I use one 19" LCD.
>
> If I look into the logs for mythfrontend I see:
> 2008-11-13 09:03:57.914 Overriding GUI, width=1920, height=1080 at 0,0
> 2008-11-13 09:03:58.018 MSqlQuery: SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
> value = 'TVVidModeForceAspect0' AND hostname = 'mcchico' ;
> 2008-11-13 09:03:58.019 max_width: 1920 max_height: 1200
> 2008-11-13 09:03:58.020 MSqlQuery: SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
> value = 'ISO639Language0' AND hostname = 'mcchico' ;
>
> when my LCD TV is a Samsung LE32A557 that gives only 1920x1080.
> So if launch frontend with geometry=1920x1200 the screen is fine, not
> correct since there the vertical 120pixels are out of screen.
>
> How can I have the same beavour of the launch from the
> mythbuntu-control-center? Or how can I correct the detection that says
> "max_width: 1920 max_height: 1200"?
> I tried without success changing settings table values related to
> screen resolution.
> Thanks!
> Tomás
> --