[mythtv-users] Mythbackend dying, log excerpt included

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 14:08:37 UTC 2008

On 15/11/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> George Mari wrote:
> > I don't know since you didn't say, but if you are running mythtv via
> > pre-packaged binaries (Fedora:ATRPMS, Mythbuntu, etc.), I'd say check to
> > make sure you have the right version of all your libraries and packages
> > - check to see if there are any updates available for your distro.
> >
> > If you are compiling from source, I would say again - check your library
> > dependencies for your particular combination of Mythtv version and Linux
> > distro.
> >

> I am using Arch linux and the MythTV from the package manager (pacman),
> here's the show info from pacman:
>
> Name           : mythtv
> Version        : 0.21-1
> URL            : http://www.mythtv.org/
>  Licenses       : GPL2
> Groups         : pvr
> Provides       : None
> Depends On     : bash  mysql-clients>=5.0  qt3  lame  lirc-utils  ffmpeg
> libxvmc
> Optional Deps  : None
> Required By    : mytharchive  myththemes  mythweather  mythweb
>  Conflicts With : None
> Replaces       : None
> Installed Size : 39839.30 K
> Packager       : Juergen Hoetzel <juergen at archlinux.org>
> Architecture   : i686
> Build Date     : Wed 26 Mar 2008 03:00:08 PM EDT
>  Install Date   : Thu 03 Apr 2008 04:53:46 PM EDT
> Install Reason : Explicitly installed
> Install Script : Yes
> Description    : A Homebrew PVR project

What is the output of 'mythbackend --version'?

You are using a very old build of (I'm guessing here) 0.21-fixes. The
most recent backport to 0.21-fixes was earlier today. You really need
to update to the latest (or a much more recent) version of the fixes
branch and see whether you see the same behaviour.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: