[mythtv-users] Recording Schedules do not work on one channel

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Nov 14 03:23:13 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> I need some help with this:
>
> My combined backend/ frontend running Mythbuntu 8.10 is generally
> working well. It uses free to air digital TV. I am in Australia.
>
> The EPG seems be working and updating correctly. However, recording
> schedules work on all transponders except on one (SBS
> http://www.sbs.com.au)
>
> Googling the subject matter hasn't turned up much, except where some
> users can't get scheduling to work at all. That's not my situation; I
> can schedule to record on all the other available channels/ transponders
>   except SBS without a problem.
>
> Any troubleshooting suggestions, anyone?

I have the same Problem, I believe this is due to my tunner being fussy on
the signal received on the SBS Multiplex, 1 out of 10 recording on SBS
work fine the others are garbled or show as File Size B in mythweb. I have
a Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T Plus and I'm in the Wollongong Area. the funny
thing is my TV's built in tuner has occasional issues with Prime whereas
Mythtv records it fine....

Cheers,

Anthony