[mythtv-users] Seagate confirms problems with 1.5TB Barracuda drives

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 14 02:57:03 UTC 2008

    > Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:21:34 -0500 (EST)
    > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

    > later Newegg reviewers have stopped complaining about Newegg's packaging

I take it back.  There's a slew of reports in the reviews about this
drive, just today, all complaining that Newegg improperly packed their
drives.

It's sad---I've ordered a lot of Seagates and a lot of stuff from
Newegg, but it looks like this drive (and Newegg in general for disks)
seems like a bad idea.  I'm very glad I haven't bought one of the 1.5TB
disks and, while I was about to put together a new machine and probably
buy its disks from Newegg, I think I'll be using someone (anyone!) else
for at least the drive part of this unless it seems that it's only -this-
drive that Newegg isn't packing well...  (I haven't grovelled through
reviews of other drives on the site yet to see if there are complaints
about packing on those, too.)