[mythtv-users] disable volume osd

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Nov 14 00:08:58 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Pat Pierce
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:04 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] disable volume osd

Is there any simple way to turn off the Volume OSD, specifically in the
DVD player? It's not a big deal for regular tv programs, but when I'm
having friends over watching movies on my mythtv projector setup,
I like to keep intrusions to a minimum. The other OSD components
don't matter, like when skipping chapters or fast forwarding, because
it already breaks the immersion, so that's no big deal, but sometimes
the volume gets too loud or quiet, and I would like to be able to tweak
the sound without a glaring big indicator breaking the watchers'
concentration.

You could set up your system so that when you change the volume that it
changes the volume of the sound system, and not the volume the computer
outputs.

I think there is a setting for that, and you'd have to setup an ir blaster
for your sound system.

-Steve