[mythtv-users] disable volume osd

Pat Pierce raker1000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:04:17 UTC 2008

Is there any simple way to turn off the Volume OSD, specifically in the
DVD player? It's not a big deal for regular tv programs, but when I'm
having friends over watching movies on my mythtv projector setup,
I like to keep intrusions to a minimum. The other OSD components
don't matter, like when skipping chapters or fast forwarding, because
it already breaks the immersion, so that's no big deal, but sometimes
the volume gets too loud or quiet, and I would like to be able to tweak
the sound without a glaring big indicator breaking the watchers'
concentration.