[mythtv-users] XFS defrag on CentOS

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:06:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to defrag my XFS partitions. I am running CentOS 5.2 as its
REALLY high:

[root at mythtv ~]# xfs_db -c frag -r /dev/sdc1
actual 93133, ideal 8251, fragmentation factor 91.14%

I have since change my allocation size to 512m on my HD's

I dont have fsr_xfs or xfs_fsr available for a command.

[root at mythtv /]# xfs_
xfs_admin xfs_copy xfs_growfs xfs_logprint xfs_mkfile xfs_repair
xfs_bmap xfs_db xfs_info xfs_mdrestore xfs_ncheck xfs_rtcp
xfs_check xfs_freeze xfs_io xfs_metadump xfs_quota
[root at mythtv /]#

[root at mythtv /]# fs
fsck fsck.cramfs fsck.ext2 fsck.ext3 fsck.msdos fsck.vfat fsck.xfs
fstab-decode

I have the following XFS rpms installed:
[root at mythtv /]# rpm -qa |grep xfs
xfsprogs-2.9.4-1.el5.centos
kmod-xfs-0.4-1.2.6.18_92.1.10.el5
xorg-x11-xfs-1.0.2