[mythtv-users] Still trying to restore mythconverg database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 13 17:12:29 UTC 2008

On 11/13/2008 11:07 AM, Damian wrote:
> Thanks for the replies to my question. I tried a few different things
> and nothing seemed to work

I /really/ would love to have seen the error messages you claim to have
gotten from the restore script.  It should have worked.  If it didn't,
there is a bug in the script that I would love to fix before 0.22 is
released.

Really, all I needed was a copy/paste of the terminal output when you
tried to run the script.

>  until I found the post that worked for me
> last time. Maybe Mythbuntu works a bit differently to everything else,
> but this is the only thing that has worked for me and it's worked twice
> now so I'll post it here for reference:
>
> http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2298778&postcount=4

>  restore your DB:

>     Code:
>
>     mysql> DROP DATABASE mythconverg;
>     mysql> create database mythconverg;
>     mysql> exit

And here the instructions are completely wrong.  The instructions fail
to tell you to run mc.sql, which configures the database for MythTV.  If
your MySQL is set up to use utf8 by default, then after following these
instructions (or, more specifically, failing to follow the proper
instructions) your database may be in a state that makes upgrade to 0.22
impossible without losing a large amount (possibly /all/) of your data.

I'd still love to see the error messages...

Mike